Physical therapy is an allied health profession that helps people maintain and restore health through physical examination, diagnosis, rehabilitation, disease prevention, and patient education. It also involves Home Health Care in Miami Gardens, Florida, for the continuation of care.
Physiotherapy helps people recover from illnesses and injuries that limit a person from performing his tasks and daily activities. Thus, bringing them back to their functional self. Of course, with the help of doctors and a Home Health Aide in Florida for home management.
But physical Therapy Services are more than just that. PT also has subspecialties where physiotherapists can hone their skills, build their professional education, and provide better services in the area of practice.
Some of the specialty areas in PT are as follows:
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialists (OCS) treat injuries and adverse conditions of the bone, muscle, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
- Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Clinical Specialists (CCS) help patients manage and heal from a variety of heart and lung conditions.
- Pediatric Clinical Specialists (PCS) focus on treating physical conditions in young people, from newborns to teenagers, with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism, cystic fibrosis, and more.
- Neurology Clinical Specialists (NCS) treat patients with various neurological disorders, injuries, and impairments.
- Geriatric Clinical Specialist (GCS) helps elderly patients with arthritis, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s.
Are you looking for a Therapist to help you with rehabilitation? Call us at Nationwide Healthcare Services, Inc., and we will match you to a practitioner who can help you with mobility and other concerns.
For inquiries about Home Health Agency in Florida, reach us at 305-654-1264.